The PhD-Day is a day for all PhD-students from all fields and nationalities, although master and postdoc students are more than welcome as well. PhD-students aim to create a special day with keynote lectures, panel discussion, workshops, a career fair and a festival and dinner to experience together with hundreds of like-minded PhD students. This is not another academic conference, this is their day! And Innovationcluster Drachten is there, with a workshop about hidden hightech diamonds and how the ICD can boost their career.
The motto of this years edition is Keep your light on, as an invitation to stay motivated and engaged. By being conscious of themselves, the human being behind the PhD student, and by creating a safe, tolerant and enriched social environment, they can become happy and successful researchers.
- Dr. Heleen de Coninck – Environmental Science department at the Faculty of Science at Radboud University. In her lecture she will address the challenging societal and environmental problem of climate change
- Prof. Dr. Ad Vingerhoets – Professor of Clinical Psychology at Tilburg University. He will share his knowledge about the understanding of human crying.
Panel Discussion - The PhD Odyssey
An interactive talk with four professionals from different disciplines, who have gone through the PhD Odyssey and continued their careers through different paths and journeys:
- Dr. Romana Schirhagl (biomedical engineering)
- Prof. Dr. Linda Steg (environmental psychology)
- Prof. Dr. Klaas Knot (economics)
- Dr. Marc Raupach (computational chemistry & software development).
See the photos of PhD-Day 2018 for an impression.
Tickets and more information? Visit the website PhD Day 2019.